Notes to help avoid problems deploying WebDAV on IIS 6.0 – Windows server 2003.
- Make sure that there are no custom headers listed on the property page for the web site.
- Deploy “sites” as virtual directories instead of roots – client connections will go better.
- Make sure the root site has anonymous access enabled so there is only a single authentication point – the WebDAV directory itself.
- Use digest authentication and AD accounts if firewalls and proxies get in the way.
- Enable only WebDAV under Web Service Extensions.
Set NTFS permissions for target user and disallow anonymous access.